Optical Instruments » Thin Film Measurement System TF-168M
TF-168M thin film measurement system adds the micro-spot measurement capability to TF-168 through a microscope interface. The added longer measurement optical fiber and an adaptor allows the alignment beam to be provided over the top of the microscope while the reflectance signals are collected from a center optical fiber. A measurement spot size as small as 5 micron is possible depending on the microscope optics selection. This instrument functions non-contact optical measurement of thickness, refractive index, and absorption index of various optical thin films and coatings.
Dielectric coatings on optical components, coated optical filters, semiconductor fabrication on wafers, liquid crystal devices, multi-layer polymer films.
Example thin film layer: SiO2, CaF2, MgF2, Photoresist, Polysilicon, Amorphous Silicon, SiNx, TiO2, Sol-Gel, Polyimide, Polymer Film.
Example substrate material: Silicon, Germanium, GaAs, ZnS, ZnSe, Acrylic, Sapphire, Glasses, Polycarbonate, Polymer, Quartz.
Thin Film Panel
|| 20 nm to 50 µm (Thickness only), 100 nm to 10 µm (Thickness w/ n & k)
|| Up to 4 layers
|Spot Size (normal)
|| Adjustable 0.8 mm to 4 mm
|Spot Size (Microscope)
|| minimum 5 micron
|| From 1 mm and up
|| the greater of ± 1 nm or ±0.5%
|| 0.2 nm
|| 0.1 nm
|| 7" x 7" or 178 mm x 178 mm
|| 8" Width, 9 1/2" Depth, 10" Height (not including fiber height)
Thin Film Thickness Measurement System
- One Thin Film Measurement main machine (110V-240V AC), Including a Tungsten Halogen light source and a PC based optical mini spectrometer with USB interface.
- Beam transfer, projection, and receiving fiber cable and optical assemblies
- New Span Thin Film Measurement Software version 5.1
- One Silicon wafer as reflectance standard
- One fiber adapter with inner C-mount thread for microscope connection
- Additional long optical fiber for microscope connection
- Supporting hardware
- PC requirement: >800 MHz clock, RAM 1 GB, Windows Vista, 7, 8, or Windows 10
Separate Use of the Contained Light Source or Spectrometer
The main machine includes one Tungsten Halogen light source (360-2500 nm) and one PC-based USB mini spectrometer (350-1000 nm), each features an SMA 905 Connector.
By disconnecting the thin film measurement optical fibers from the internal light source and spectrometer, separate optical fibers can be connected to the light source and the spectrometer for other illumination or spectroscopic measurement applications. A spectrometer measurement software is included.
- Both standard measurement and microscope measurement
- Substrate refractive index and absorption index evaluation
- Film thickness measurement, mean and standard deviation
- Film material refractive index and absorption index evaluation
- Saving of measured spectral dependent reflectance data
- Data loading of previously saved reflectance data
- Statistics of measurement results
- User friendly cursor controlled display of measured results
- Flexible choice of computation wavelength range
- Flexible choice of guess thickness range to minimize computation time
- Convenient selection of film and substrate materials from included database
- User defined materials selection and import.